As the end of 2021 is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year. Despite the obvious challenges of a pandemic, we are so proud of the achievements made by our team, and we want to take this opportunity to celebrate them!
- The Visionist team has grown nearly 20% in 2021! We now have over 100 employees.
- We doubled our facility size to support more in-house development. Visionist now occupies 2 floors of our building!
- We had growth throughout all aspects of the company, including our employee benefits! We added an employee referral bonus for any great talent our team refers to us.
- Visionist partnered and donated to multiple charitable efforts and organizations this year including Maryland Food Bank, Toys for Tots, Soldier Angel’s Treats for Troops, St. Jude Children’s Hospital, The Baltimore Station, Samaritan’s Purse, and Gary Sinise Foundation.
RESUMING (SEMI) NORMALCY AND KEEPING MORALE HIGH
- We established our “teams” program. Everyone at Visionist (including leadership) is a member of a small team, with an employee “team lead” acting as their mentor and advocate. Teams are equal parts career development and relationship building.
- Many teams got together outside of work for a variety of group activities including happy hours, cornhole tournaments, and an Orioles game!
- When it was safe to do so, we were able to bring back our fun in-person company events including a summer picnic, happy hours, chili cook-off and our first holiday bake-off!
NEW AND EXCITING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTS
- Visionist is committed to our customer’s success. In 2021, our team was able to:
- Deliver more content
- Build better analytic tools
- Improve user experience
- Help discover new critical intelligence
- Design a next-gen intelligence repository
- Improve cyber operations and capabilities
- We held our first employee-led Shark Tank competition, where three employees pitched internal research projects to our panel of “sharks” (a panel of their peers with a range of experience and skills). The panel then deliberated and decided which projects to fund.
- We partnered with 75+ companies in the pursuit of four new prime contracts, focusing on three new analytic solutions and a broad analysis program supporting a wide set of missions.
OUR AMAZING TEAM!
- Last, but not least, we are celebrating the Visionist team! We are so grateful for our amazing employees and all their hard work and dedication. We owe the success of this past year to them!